General Information for All Candidates
Who is eligible to participate?
For the May 2023 Commencement ceremonies, the following students are eligible to attend and should "apply to graduate" to do so:
• December 2022 Graduates (no need to re-apply to graduate)
• May 2023 Candidates
• August 2023 Candidates
How do I “Apply to Graduate”?
You should "apply to graduate" via StudentAdmin and submit a plan of study no later than February 13, 2023 in order to participate in the ceremony. These will be used to certify your eligibility.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please visit the Graduation page of the Registrar's website, contact the Degree Audit office at 486-6214, or visit their office within the Registrar's Office in Wilbur Cross Building.
How do I obtain my Guest Tickets?
The Ticket Desk will be open from 9:00am-4:00pm Monday through Friday at the Bookstore on the Storrs Campus (2nd Floor Community Room) from April 3, 2023 through May 5, 2023.
Ticket Desk hours during Commencement Weekend will be:
Sat. May 6 - 7:30am-7:00pm
Sun. May 7 - 7:30am-7:00pm
Mon. May 8 - 7:30am-7:00pm
On these three days, the Ticket Desk will be located on the first floor of the UConn Bookstore (Storrs) in the model dorm room.
Please remember, distribution of Commencement Tickets is coordinated by the UConn Commencement Office and not the UConn Bookstore. In the event of a delayed opening or a campus closure, tickets will not be available until the University re-opens. The Bookstore may still be open but if the campus is closed, tickets are not distributed.
Guest tickets will only be distributed to the graduating student and not to family members, roommates, etc. A valid photo ID is required for the pick-up.
Storrs Campus Students:
Storrs campus students should plan to pick-up guest tickets during open hours (noted above) at the Ticket Desk (Bookstore location noted above). You must provide a photo ID.
If you are unable to come to the Storrs campus (studying abroad, completing rotation off-campus, etc.), please follow the instructions for Regional Campus Students immediately below.
Regional Campus Students (or those who are no longer located in Storrs):
Regional Campus students (or those who are no longer located in Storrs) have two options when it comes to obtaining guest tickets:
- Visit the Ticket Desk (Bookstore Community Room - 2nd Floor of the Bookstore on the Storrs Campus) in-person with a valid photo ID between April 3 and May 5, 2023. Please see Ticket Desk hours above.
- If you know you cannot visit the Ticket Desk between now and April 21, 2023, complete the 2023 Commencement Ticket Request Form to have your tickets mailed to you. Mailing will begin on Mon. April 3, 2023. You may complete the form through 12:00pm EST (Noon) on Friday, April 21, 2023. After that time, we will switch to a Will Call Request Form and you will need to visit the Ticket Desk to pick-up your tickets.
How do I obtain my Regalia?
The online ordering portal for regalia is open. Please visit the Oak Hall website to place your regalia order. Use the online ordering portal to ship the regalia to your home ($15.95 Domestic/$60.00 International S&H fee).
Online orders using the "Ship to Home" option will close on March 26, 2023. Don't forget that you can also purchase your regalia in-person at the Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Storrs Bookstores starting on Monday, April 3! Online ordering is not the only option.
The "Ship to Store" option is now closed. Pick-up of "Ship to Store" orders will begin on Monday, April 3, 2023.
If you'd prefer to wait and purchase your regalia in-store, it will be available for purchase at the Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Storrs Bookstore locations starting on Monday, April 3, 2023.
Guest Ticket & Regalia FAQs:
1. When and where can I pick-up my guest tickets? Please click on "How Do I Obtain My Guest Tickets" above for the details and procedures.
2. Can I pick-up guest tickets for my child/friend/family member/roommate? No. The graduating student must provide their own Student ID card to obtain guest tickets. We will not distribute guest tickets to parents, spouses, roommates, etc.
3. I am coming to the Storrs Campus and want to visit the Bookstore to purchase regalia for myself and 10 others. Can I also pick-up their guest tickets? No. Only the graduating student can pick-up their own guest tickets. We strongly encourage graduates to purchase their own regalia so that they can avoid errors with the gown size, hood and tassel color, etc.
4. What is the last date I can request that my tickets be mailed to me? Guest tickets will not be mailed after 12:00pm (Noon) on Friday, April 21, 2023. All tickets requested after that time must be picked-up (in-person) at the Ticket Desk in the UConn Bookstore on the Storrs Campus. The Ticket Desk will be open on Saturday, May 6, Sunday, May 7, and Monday, May 8 for those who need to pick-up tickets on the day of their ceremony.
5. I lost my guest tickets. // I think my roommate accidentally threw out my guest tickets. // My guest tickets never arrived via USPS...How can I obtain more guest tickets? If you obtained your guest tickets directly from your School/College, please reach out to the Coordinator listed on the chart and let them know of your situation. If you obtained your guest tickets from the Ticket Desk at the UConn Bookstore, please continue to look for your misplaced guest tickets until the week of May 1, 2023. No replacement guest tickets will be distributed before that week begins.
6. I am a graduate of a School/College that does not distribute any extra tickets. How can I get additional tickets for my extended family, friends, etc.? Please share the link to our live streaming portal with those who are unable to attend. You may receive tickets from another graduate who knows that they will not use those tickets. Guest tickets are only valid for the ceremony indicated on the front of the ticket.
7. I am a UConn student but I was never issued a UConn Student ID card (ex. graduates of the Part-Time MBA Program). How can I obtain my guest tickets? If you are visiting the Ticket Desk in-person, please have a valid photo ID (ex. Driver's License or State-issued ID card) and your PeopleSoft ID number. Staff will be able to verify your identity and eligibility using your photo ID and PeopleSoft ID number.
What color Tassel should I receive?
Tassels should be placed on the RIGHT and moved to the LEFT during ceremonies (if instructed). Tassel color is determined by School or College and by degree awarded.
|School/College or Degree||Tassel Color|
|Ratcliffe Hicks School of Agriculture||Maize|
|College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources||Maize|
|School of Business||Drab|
|Neag School of Education||Light Blue|
|School of Engineering||Orange|
|School of Fine Arts||Brown|
|Bachelor of General Studies||Maroon & Ivory|
|Bachelor of Music in School of Fine Arts||Pink|
|College of Liberal Arts & Sciences||Navy & Yellow|
|School of Nursing||Apricot|
|School of Pharmacy||Olive & White|
|School of Social Work||Citron|
Information Specific to Masters & Doctoral Candidates
Masters Candidates - RSVP Here
(Please note that submitting an RSVP is not a request for Guest Tickets. See above for directions to complete that process.)
All Masters candidates will gather in the Fieldhouse for procession into Gampel Pavilion.
All Masters candidates participating in the student processional will need to gather in the Fieldhouse by 7:45am. Students will form two lines in the Fieldhouse and each will make their way into Gampel Pavilion. Students will be separated and seated by degree program.
Student Processional Forms from 7:00-8:00am
Student Processional Begins at 8:15am
Ceremony Begins at 9:00am
Any Masters candidates who utilize wheelchairs, crutches, or walkers should enter Gampel using the Wolff-Zackin Natatorium lobby (near the Husky dog sculpture). A staff person will be located there and will show you to the elevator.
Doctoral Candidates - RSVP Here
(Please note that submitting the RSVP form is not a request for Guest Tickets. See above for directions to complete that process.)
All Doctoral candidates will gather in the lobby of the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater (the "little theater") for procession into Jorgensen Auditorium.
All Doctoral candidates participating in the candidate processional will need to enter the lobby of the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater by 4:30pm. Candidates must enter the lobby of the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater (the "little theater") via the doors on the back of Jorgensen along Auditorium Road along with their Faculty Advisor. Candidates (and their advisors) will be seated by degree program.
Student Processional Forms from 4:00-5:15pm
Student Processional Begins at 5:15pm
Ceremony Begins at 6:00pm
Any Doctoral candidates who utilize wheelchairs, crutches, or walkers should enter Jorgensen using the main entrance off of Hillside Road. A staff person will be located there and will show you to the elevator.