General Information for All Candidates
Who is eligible to participate?
For the May 2024 Commencement ceremonies, the following students are eligible to attend and should "apply to graduate" to do so:
• December 2023 Graduates (no need to re-apply to graduate)
• May 2024 Candidates
• August 2024 Candidates
How do I “Apply to Graduate”?
You should "apply to graduate" via StudentAdmin and submit a plan of study no later than February 9, 2024 in order to participate in the ceremony. These will be used to certify your eligibility.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please visit the Graduation page of the Registrar's website, contact the Degree Audit office at 486-6214, or visit their office within the Registrar's Office in Wilbur Cross Building.
How do I obtain my Guest Tickets?
The Ticket Desk will be open at the Bookstore on the Storrs Campus (2nd Floor Community Room) from April to May 2024. Exact dates and hours will be announced in the early spring.
Please remember, distribution of Commencement Tickets is coordinated by the UConn Commencement Office and not the UConn Bookstore. In the event of a delayed opening or a campus closure, tickets will not be available until the University re-opens. The Bookstore may still be open but if the campus is closed, tickets are not distributed.
Guest tickets will only be distributed to the graduating student and not to family members, roommates, etc. A valid photo ID is required for the pick-up.
For those who are unable to visit the Bookstore in Storrs (Dec. 23 graduates, those away for study abroad programs/internships/residency or on military leave), a Ticket Mailing Request form will be posted here in mid-March. That form can be submitted electronically by the graduating student and tickets will be mailed starting in late-March. Please watch this space for details as they are confirmed.
How do I obtain my Regalia?
The online portal for purchasing regalia is now open. Please visit the website to place your order.
In the portal, you may choose to ship your regalia to your home (there is a shipping charge).
Deadline for placing Ship to Home orders is March 31, 2024.
Deadline for placing Ship to UConn Bookstore orders has passed. This option is no longer available.
After March 31, 2024, the online portal for purchasing regalia will completely close and the only option to purchase will be in a UConn Bookstore.
Starting on Monday, April 1, 2024, you may purchase regalia in-person at the Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Storrs Bookstore locations. Regalia will be available for purchase from April 1, 2024 through May 6, 2024.
Guest Ticket & Regalia FAQs:
1. When and where can I pick-up my guest tickets? Please click on "How Do I Obtain My Guest Tickets" above for the details and procedures.
2. Can I pick-up guest tickets for my child/friend/family member/roommate? No. The graduating student must provide their own Student ID card to obtain guest tickets. We will not distribute guest tickets to parents, spouses, roommates, etc.
3. I am coming to the Storrs Campus and want to visit the Bookstore to purchase regalia for myself and 10 others. Can I also pick-up their guest tickets? No. Only the graduating student can pick-up their own guest tickets. We strongly encourage graduates to purchase their own regalia so that they can avoid errors with the gown size, hood and tassel color, etc.
4. What is the last date I can request that my tickets be mailed to me? Guest tickets will not be mailed after 12:00pm (Noon) on Friday, April 19, 2024. All tickets requested after that time must be picked-up (in-person) at the Ticket Desk in the UConn Bookstore on the Storrs Campus. The Ticket Desk will be open on Saturday, May 4, Sunday, May 5, and Monday, May 6 for those who need to pick-up tickets on the day of their ceremony.
5. I lost my guest tickets. // I think my roommate accidentally threw out my guest tickets. // My guest tickets never arrived via USPS...How can I obtain more guest tickets? If you obtained your guest tickets directly from your School/College, please reach out to the Coordinator listed on the chart and let them know of your situation. If you obtained your guest tickets from the Ticket Desk at the UConn Bookstore, please continue to look for your misplaced guest tickets until the week of April 29, 2024. No replacement guest tickets will be distributed before that week begins.
6. I am a graduate of a School/College that does not distribute any extra tickets. How can I get additional tickets for my extended family, friends, etc.? Please share the link to our live streaming portal with those who are unable to attend. You may receive tickets from another graduate who knows that they will not use those tickets. Guest tickets are only valid for the ceremony indicated on the front of the ticket.
7. I am a UConn student but I was never issued a UConn Student ID card (ex. graduates of the Part-Time MBA Program). How can I obtain my guest tickets? If you are visiting the Ticket Desk in-person, please have a valid photo ID (ex. Driver's License or State-issued ID card) and your PeopleSoft ID number. Staff will be able to verify your identity and eligibility using your photo ID and PeopleSoft ID number.
What color Tassel should I receive?
Tassels should be placed on the RIGHT and moved to the LEFT during ceremonies (if instructed). Tassel color is determined by School or College and by degree awarded.
|School/College or Degree
|Ratcliffe Hicks School of Agriculture
|College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources
|School of Business
|Neag School of Education
|School of Engineering
|School of Fine Arts
|Bachelor of General Studies
|Maroon & Ivory
|Bachelor of Music in School of Fine Arts
|College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
|Navy & Yellow
|School of Nursing
|School of Pharmacy
|Olive & White
|School of Social Work
Information Specific to Masters & Doctoral Candidates
Masters Candidates -
(Please note that submitting an RSVP is not a request for Guest Tickets. See above for directions to complete that process.)
All Masters candidates will gather in the Fieldhouse for procession into Gampel Pavilion.
All Masters candidates participating in the student processional will need to gather in the Fieldhouse by 7:45am. Students will form two lines in the Fieldhouse and each will make their way into Gampel Pavilion. Students will be separated and seated by degree program.
Student Processional Forms from 7:00-8:00am
Student Processional Begins at 8:15am
Ceremony Begins at 9:00am
Any Masters candidates who utilize wheelchairs, crutches, or walkers should enter Gampel using the Wolff-Zackin Natatorium lobby (near the Husky dog sculpture). A staff person will be located there and will show you to the elevator.
Doctoral Candidates -
(Please note that submitting the RSVP form is not a request for Guest Tickets. See above for directions to complete that process.)
All Doctoral candidates will gather in the lobby of the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater (the "little theater") for procession into Jorgensen Auditorium.
All Doctoral candidates participating in the candidate processional will need to enter the lobby of the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater by 4:30pm. Candidates must enter the lobby of the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater (the "little theater") via the doors on the back of Jorgensen along Auditorium Road along with their Faculty Advisor. Candidates (and their advisors) will be seated by degree program.
Student Processional Forms from 4:00-5:15pm
Student Processional Begins at 5:15pm
Ceremony Begins at 6:00pm
Any Doctoral candidates who utilize wheelchairs, crutches, or walkers should enter Jorgensen using the main entrance off of Hillside Road. A staff person will be located there and will show you to the elevator.